(Doing this in Cinnamon/i3wm, in Mint 17)
This will set up a dedicated app feel for TiddlyWiki. (and of course, this could be done for any web app, site, or offline stuff you want.
- Install Firefox
- Set up your TiddlyWiki
- Create a distinct Firefox profile
- Set up extensions: TiddlyFox and Toolbar Autohide
- Set your TiddlyWiki as the home page
- Create a launcher/script to open your 'app'
- (firefox -P tiddlywiki --no-remote /<path>/<tiddlyfile>.htm)
- A PIM (Personal Information Manager)
- A wiki
- text formatting requires wiki markup similar to MediaWiki markup
- An offline webpage
- The TiddlyWiki is completely contained within a single html file